1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

OVERSEEDING??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenkeepers, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey Guys-<p>Need some help here, had a client call me tonight and needs a quote tomarrow. How much do you think to slitseed approx. 14,000. I have to rent the slitseeder. I've never done this before so I don't know the time it takes or how hard of a job it is. All your help is appreciated, I'm going to go and search the archives now..<p>Thanks in advance!<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: GREENKEEPERS<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: GREENKEEPERS

2. Alan

Alan Member

I did a few jobs that way in years past. Don't have any records on how long it took me, but I remember going over it twice in crisscross pattern. Used a Ryan Mattaway seeder, got a goot stand of turf out of it. Seems like the time was about what it would have taken to mow it twice with a 21&quot; mower, maybe a bit longer. You'll have to play with the seed metering to get it right but figure seed cost as whatever the recommended application rate is. I used some other brand of overseeder another time and one thing I remember about both of them, they are mankillers to run for any length of time.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I charge $27.00 per 1000sf to slitseed Bermuda grass.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

ZERO DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY-----<br>$45-$65/M<br>65 BEING HIGH<br>BEST TO LINE UP A FEW TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL. I FEEL YOU CANT PENALIZE THE CUST.ON PRICE BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO RENT IT.<br>ANTHONYGRELLI <br>N.J.

5. OP
    OP
    Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Thanks guys-<p>I'll let you know how it turns out. I was thinking around $.03 per square foot. I'll let you know how it turns out<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers