Owner's Picture On Company Website

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Nov 26, 2017.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The internet has really changed in how we market our businesses.

SEO has done a complete 360 over the years. So much so, that I pay people to do my SEO and my per click campaign.

Google is now all about content. Gotta keep the content fresh. Gotta constantly be adding to the site. (10) years ago you built a site, did some SEO stuff, kept a close eye on your ranking, and that was pretty much it. Simple.

So I'm thinking of putting a picture of myself on my site. And I want to write some paragraphs about my background, my knowledge, my passion for what we do, etc.

I do not dress up. I hate new shoes. I wear shoes with holes in them. I don't wear company shirts anymore. And for those that believe in company shirts and uniforms, you're wondering "how does he stay in business". The answer is - I explain things to people thoroughly. I'm transparent. I'm open. I'm honest. And I do what I say I will do. I believe in under promises and over delivery. That's how I do it.

Many politicians seem to have taken a laid back approach to their campaigns. Our POTUS wore a cheesy ball cap when he campaigned. You see county level candidates with signs that simply say "vote for Kelly", no last name, just "Kelly".

With all that said, what do you pros feel is appropriate for the owner to be dressed in his picture of himself for the company website?

Should he be in a company shirt?

Or is casual attire acceptable for today's society?

2. C&C Landscaping

C&C Landscaping LawnSite Member

Ck out our site at
    RLclawns.com

3. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

Me my opinion is jeans and a nicer maybe polo shirt with a company name. That's fancy for me. Lol I have Walmart shirts for work shirts lol

hort101 likes this.
  4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Authenticity trumps all, just make it a quality picture.

RDALawns likes this.
  5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on how ugly you are. You don’t want to be scaring people away before they even contact you

6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I totally agree. But being ugly is somewhat a matter of opinion. I'd say that if you were fat and dumpy, sloppy, or slow looking, don't do it.

And as I think about it. Being strong and good looking will turn some people off.

Mark Stark likes this.
  7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Bare Nekkid hairy chest , wild unkempt beard and a utilikilt....

You do service Scotland, don’t you?

8. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm using a picture of my wife and I from 4 years ago. I hope the clients aren't disappointed that I have less hair than in the picture.

Mark Stark and hort101 like this.
  9. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Platinum Member

My honest opinion of putting owners face on any advertising is.
    Used car salesman, and realtors.
    I could see maybe a little bit distant, action shot. Like wheeling a measuring wheel, or holding a clipboard and tape measure. But just a straight up head shot I've always thought cheesy.

knox gsl, Mark Stark and hort101 like this.
  10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I have always had the same thoughts. And always swore I'd never do it.

But, the realtors all have pictures of them overdressed, and they're all bearing fake smiles!

Mow-Daddy.com likes this.