Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 100 of 143 Posts
lol he just wants us to swoop in and take all of his customers. If he bought a new grandstand I dont see why he couldnt fix the edger and make a few bucks to pay for it! I dont know, people are weird! I am all for the little company (such as myself) but some people just shouldnt be landscaping!

Discussion starter · #82 ·
lol he just wants us to swoop in and take all of his customers. If he bought a new grandstand I dont see why he couldnt fix the edger and make a few bucks to pay for it! I dont know, people are weird! I am all for the little company (such as myself) but some people just shouldnt be landscaping!
Absolutely, it really didn't make sense to me unless he was just blowing smoke about the Grandstand which talking with the guy, I wouldn't put it past him.

Regardless, I hope he has some other great deals on other stuff, I saw he was selling one of those DR walk behind trimmers, nothing I care for but good to keep checking Craigslist for new deals.

What a beautiful day out there! Days like these make it seem like the mowing season isn't that far away...

Cleaned up all of my equipment so here are the pictures!

The garage that is used 90% by me and the other 10% by my girlfriend (all her crap is in the back!)

All of the equipment that makes the money

Handhelds

looking good man, It is nice to see other outfits that actually clean their equiptment. What made you go with echo on your trimmer? when everything else is stihl. Everyone one tells me otherwise but exmark and toro seem to almost be identical. have you started spring cleanups yet?

Toro Snowblower

Very cheap Craftsman Push Mower

And my baby... the Metro

looking good man, It is nice to see other outfits that actually clean their equiptment. What made you go with echo on your trimmer? when everything else is stihl. Everyone one tells me otherwise but exmark and toro seem to almost be identical. have you started spring cleanups yet?

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Discussion starter · #84 ·
Thanks man, I used Echo trimmers at my old job and I love how they work so I got one for myself. As for the Stihl, read great things about them and I never really enjoyed the Echo backpack blowers/hedge trimmers so I thought I'd give em a try.

Clean ups have been on going, just about wrapped up with them actually. Going to be laying mulch and doing some other landscape jobs soon!

Both of your trucks look very familiar but i cant remember for sure if I have seen you around. Where are you based out of? Also how do you like your exmark and did you buy it from a dealer from around here? I am going to be looking for a 36" this year and I might be considering Exmark. Also that little tiller is awesome. I have one too!

Discussion starter · #86 ·
I live in Gibsonia and I venture down to Shaler sometimes. Yup got the Exmark from the Natrona Heights dealer, great guys there man and I love Exmarks! Thanks, hope it'll do what I need it to!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm i might have to check your dealer out in the future! well best of luck this year! I am sure I will talk to you on here and possibly see you around! ~scott

Discussion starter · #88 ·
Started on what could be a pretty large job for just myself... ripped out about 15 or so bushes. Going to be working on this one in stages so this is the first stage. Will be doing some planting and perhaps something different with the river rock (accenting with mulch/lava rock).

Before...

After...

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Were those Junipers that you removed? Can't really see from here...

Looks good, I bet they were a PITA to get out.
Yep, looks like I got in a fight with a cat 10 times over I have so many damn scratches on me... I didn't end up digging them out, more cost effective to cut flush with the chainsaw which is what the guy wanted...

Discussion starter · #95 ·
Oh okay, wasn't sure if they were getting pulled and replaced. A lot easier to cut them than dig them up.
Yeah I hear ya, probably would've doubled the cost had I dug all of them out... Still took me a good 4-5 hours between running to the dump twice and cutting them out.

He's going to talk to his wife and figure out what they want to plant in there but obviously not where the stumps are... I'm excited about this project for sure.

Lookin' good! Cant wait to see it when its all done!

I swear I saw you twice today or there is someone who has the same 1500. Were you possibly on Vilsack around 9 this morning and at the top of route 8 mowing/weed eating around 630?

Discussion starter · #99 ·
My route today runs from Babcock by Hardees in Shaler up Babcock/Thompson Run Road back to my place which is basically across the street from where I was at on RT 8.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was. In the morning I was going to pick up stone for a job I was doing all day. Then I was going back to school this evening and you were looking down trimming. I was going to stop and say hi but I was already past before I realized it was you and I was in the wrong lane.

81 - 100 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.