P. Services equipment photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by P.Services, Dec 12, 2007.

1. OP
    OP
    P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

oh man way to dig up a dinosaur!!

Business related no huge changes, just the same old grind day in and day out. Had a great year, about triple of what i did last year but it was truly exhausting. I personally worked 7 days a week from the second week of march until the last week of November. That first week end i took off i almost felt odd not working. Looking to get a few key people in place next year to help spread the work load.

Equipment related i dont think i have added anything this year or maybe even last. I think the last thing i bought was the Deere 4720 tractor.

Im in the search for another f-450, deciding between a new truck and a used truck. By the time i buy a used truck, fix all the stuff wrong with it and put new tires and paint on it we are talking 15k for a 100k mile 10 year old truck. Its pretty typical that you can expect to pay 5,000 a year in repairs between rust related replacements and worn out parts. Just right now im about to dump 2k into mine for a front end, fuel filler neck (almost 400 bucks alone) trans cooler lines, rear lights and light boxes. That wont be the end of the problems, they keep coming.

With a new truck we are talking about $45,000 so with 15k down we are talking about 600ish a month including interest. It looks good, runs good, and doesn't surprise you with repair bills every other week. As the company grows i really dont always have the time to be doing all the repair work myself and i really dont like paying shops to do half ass worth either. Whats 600 bucks a month? ones days profit ?

Im thinking about keeping the new truck for about 6 years and then selling it. It should have 45-55k miles on it so i should still get at least 18-22k for it if not more. Boom! take that money and use it as the down payment on another new truck. Its pretty easy to tell i have myself convinced to buy new but signing another 45,000 loan is hard to do!

Im deciding between a f-450 4x4 (maybe 2x4) extended cab with a 9' 6" landscape body or a f-450 crew cab 2x4 with the same body.

come to think of it i did buy a old cat 966 loader off my dad this year. The thing is huge and moves some serious dirt! i will try to upload a pic of it.

May be buying something super unique and useful to us real soon..... as long as he hasn't sold it yet its a done deal. I hope its still available knock on wood.

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow I thought the day would never come that you would update this thread!

3. OP
    OP
    P.Services

yeah when the pics became impossible for me to update i lost a lot of interest. I will have to try again soon, i have a lot of really cool job pics from the past year.

4. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Can't wait, hope the pics work.

5. OP
    OP
    P.Services

6. OP
    OP
    P.Services

I swore i would never get a 4wd F-450 but the more i plow with my 2wd truck the more i wish it were a 4x4. When its fully loaded with salt and 25 bags on the rear seat it works pretty good but when things are empty it is lacking. If we ever get a serious 24" storm that truck may be in trouble.

7. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

im been looking into a truck similar to the first one only with 4x4 incase my tractor gets stuck bush hogging and for snow id rather have it and not need it then not have it and need it. Although i am planning on switching the red trucks but still would like 4x4. 4x4 is a $2900.00 option on fords website so that first truck would prob bump to around $47,500.00 or so. Im going to my dealer after the new year to see what they can do on a deal

8. blakescape

blakescape LawnSite Member

Those trucks are very close to where I live. I was looking at a new f450 too, but I dont like how short the cab to axle lengths are on those trucks. I know the rear axle is supposed to carry most of the weight, but when those trucks are loaded it looks like there is no weight on the front axle and the front suspension is fully extended. Also, I could never buy a truck with a landscape dump body less than 12ft long; we do a lot a leaf removal in the fall so any truck I buy would need to be used during leaf season too. Were you looking at the 9ft bed as a mowing truck? The switch n go system has been growing on me, since I could switch out a body for each season and have more uses for one truck. Their electric winch and electric over hydraulic hoist doesn't impress me, but their all hydraulic version powered by the pto looks promising if the price is reasonable. I just can't find any decent used trucks on truckpaper or craigslist.

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

just make sure you don't wind up with my old ford LCF... it finally sold at a dealer auction and some dealer somewhere will be trying to sell it off as a great truck somewhere.

10. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Picasso,
    Did you ever build that trailer that was partially enclosed?

I am about to start a new build and would love to see pics of yours if you did it.
    Best of luck with the new year!!!