PA License

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by boxsky, Aug 1, 2006.

  1. boxsky

    boxsky LawnSite Member
    Messages: 178

    I'm in Lehigh County and I called the office. They told me I need to call PSU and get 00c and 007. Once I get those, whom do I call to schedule the test? They are very unclear about this.

    From this thread i take it i get the materials, study, pass test, get application and then become certified.?????

    I had my 6/63 and Ins license prior to going into this business. In that you fill applications, get approved, study, take test and get licensed. This lawn license sounds backwards to me. Is there another way in PA to go to class or anything.
  2. Rtom45

    Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 456

    In PA. you get study materials thru Penn State. When you're ready to take the exam, you schedule that thru your local extension agency. You must pass the core 00 and at least one category (the 07 in your case) before you can become licensed. You must also show proof of insurance, your local extension should be able to give you the details.
    PS: how's everything in the Lehigh Valley? I lived and worked there for about 25 years before moving to NW PA. It was getting to crowded for me.
  3. boxsky

    boxsky LawnSite Member
    Messages: 178

    I'm in Trexlertown, Wescosville area. They are building like crazy. 1mil+ sq ft warehouses, built 2k+ homes in past 2 yrs alone, in just Upper Macungie area. Seems like 400 LCO out there. Our neighbor is from the Erie area. Where were you located?

    The extension office people have not been v ery helpful or friendly. Very unclear about the process. I am wondering if it is worth the money to get licensed? My guess is yes. I am capping my client list at 50-60 mowings a week. More then that I'll need employees and i rather not go that route.
  4. NattyLawn

    NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,643

    Get your license. The extension office is located right by Dorney Park. Get the study materials and take the core and Cat 7. Core is closed book, Cat 7 is open book. Have a check for 60 bucks (50 core, 10 cat) and take the tests. Her's a link for test dates:
  5. Rtom45

    Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 456

    We live near McDowell high school in Millcreek township, you neighbor should have some idea of where that is. When we were in the lehigh Valley, we first lived in Allentown, then Macungie, then we built a house in New Tripoli, then moved to Bethlehem, near Liberty High school. Moved to Erie in '95, even at that time, the Lehigh Valley was building like crazy. Just too many people and too much traffic for me.

Share This Page