Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Now in the market for a enclosed trailer. Though they are not cheap, the convienence of storage and not having to unload equipment every night will make it worth it. Today I was at A pace dealer and the trailers looked very nice and looked very heavy duty. The price they quoted me for a 16ft by 7ft trailer with a side door and ramp door in the back with spring assist was $4300.00. That priced seemed very fair to me compared to other brands i have looked at and i would like to no if there is a catch. I did a search for pace trailers but the discussions on them were very broad. I would like to hear owners opinions on them. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
3,485 Posts
Evan, do a search on Pace trailers. On a past topic I think I remember a couple Pace owners who were not happy with how durable they were. Check on Haulmark also, I know of no one who is dissatisfied with them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have a base price for a US cargo 7x16 at around 4,200, but that includes nothing. Add on things like side door, spring assist, roof vents, sidewall scoop vents, dome lights/switches, wolmanized flooring, diamond plate stone guard, 10 degree down axle(2 inch lift), 56" tube ext. on tongue (a must if you are pulling with a mason dump), and 16" on center cross members, your looking at around 5150.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples here. There are a LOT of extras that can make a big difference.

Also, If your going with the 7x16, I would suggest bouncing up to a 8x18. The price difference is about 400, but the difference in space is tremendous.

steveair

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kirbyslawn, did you buy that trailer for new? Because that price seems like it would be used.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Any of you know much about the gooseneck trailers?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds Like you got a good deal from what I have been pricing.

·
Banned
2,079 Posts
Spend another $5000 and buy a good used 12-14' cutaway van type straight job and add a custom ramp gate.

If you need room for debris put sides on your open landscape trailer and hook it to the truck.

Now you still have your pick up and open trailer in which another crew can operate.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just bought a haulmark kodiak landscape series 7X16 the other week. $4700 with an upgrade to 3/4" plywood walls approximately $200
You might have read my earlier post "rear ended" I was hauling the trailer when i was rear ended by a tractor trailer. Result: minor damage to rear door- baseball size hole, a few dents, and a bent handle bar, the left lower corner of the trailer is bent slightly. I would have to say it is a well built trailer.

It came with two shelves in the front for storage which are holding gas cans, oil, a chain saw, hedge trimmer, a BP blower and a trimmer with room to spare, at 7 ft wide and about 2 feet deep they offer a lot of storage. One disadvantage to the shelves is that they have a support bracket in the middle that goes to the floor. my 36s fit on each side of it snugly.

They also have vents that draw air in the front and blow it out the back. rear ramp door with spring assist and side door.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
On trailer shelves,

I bought what I call 'tractor trailer' (they use it inside trailers to mount the load bars inside the truck that stop the load from shifting) track that you can mount on the walls/wall studs with self tappers. The trailer place sells them and also makes a excellent shovel holder, string trimmer holder, etc. that simply hook onto the track. Can easily move everything around as needed.

Also, they make track that is vertical, that can be used for the front shelve. You put 2 on each side of trailer, place special joist hangers in the racks, and then just put a 2x4 or square tubing in for your shelf with 3/4 plywood on top. Great system, as everything can be easily adjusted later on.

steveair

·
Registered
47 Posts
I paid $4995.00 for an 18 x 8, two shelves up front, cooler rack, trimmer edger rack, ladder rack and side door ramp for my 36". I don't use the side ramp door as much as I thought I would. Predator Eagle, in Tampa, Florida!

·
Registered
149 Posts
T.C.O.B

Was that trailer brand new? If it was how about delivering me one up to Indiana?

I can't find one that size for less than 6k

Levi Duncan

Lone Tree Lawn Care

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.