• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Pace Enclosed trailers!

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
I am Now in the market for a enclosed trailer. Though they are not cheap, the convienence of storage and not having to unload equipment every night will make it worth it. Today I was at A pace dealer and the trailers looked very nice and looked very heavy duty. The price they quoted me for a 16ft by 7ft trailer with a side door and ramp door in the back with spring assist was $4300.00. That priced seemed very fair to me compared to other brands i have looked at and i would like to no if there is a catch. I did a search for pace trailers but the discussions on them were very broad. I would like to hear owners opinions on them. Thanks for your help.

KirbysLawn

Millenium Member
Evan, do a search on Pace trailers. On a past topic I think I remember a couple Pace owners who were not happy with how durable they were. Check on Haulmark also, I know of no one who is dissatisfied with them.

steveair

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a base price for a US cargo 7x16 at around 4,200, but that includes nothing. Add on things like side door, spring assist, roof vents, sidewall scoop vents, dome lights/switches, wolmanized flooring, diamond plate stone guard, 10 degree down axle(2 inch lift), 56" tube ext. on tongue (a must if you are pulling with a mason dump), and 16" on center cross members, your looking at around 5150.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples here. There are a LOT of extras that can make a big difference.

Also, If your going with the 7x16, I would suggest bouncing up to a 8x18. The price difference is about 400, but the difference in space is tremendous.

steveair

Duncan IN

LawnSite Member
Kirbyslawn, did you buy that trailer for new? Because that price seems like it would be used.

Duncan IN

LawnSite Member
Any of you know much about the gooseneck trailers?

Duncan IN

LawnSite Member
Sounds Like you got a good deal from what I have been pricing.