• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Package deals

Precision

LawnSite Silver Member
valley boy said:
How many of your customers go for a ( package deal )
Weekly cut , 3 fertilizer applications , Power rack , etc.
not sure I understand the question.

but I offer basic service then a bunch of different add-ons. I give a deal (5-7% discount) if they take all the services. Fert, mulch, irrigation, weed control, pruning on top of the basic package.

I get lots of people who take that, but they were looking for more than basic when they called.

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
Precision said:
I give a deal (5-7% discount) if they take all the services.
I knew someone would say this...

so how do you generate your cost savings should the client purchase additional services? The way I see it, you will generate few economies and therefore cost yourself money.

If they want the additional services, they will purchase them if they are discounted or not. Why give away 5-7% gross?

OnMyOwn

LawnSite Senior Member
No discounts on services! The only discounts I offer are for prepayment of the entire season prior to March 01. ..... and oh boy...do I enjoy those prepayments.

lawnspecialties

LawnSite Silver Member
About 80% of my customers are year-round accounts. Scheduled cuts, fertilizing, aerating, etc. I'm curious though, what do you mean by a "power rack"?

nobagger

LawnSite Gold Member
MacLawnCo said:

so how do you generate your cost savings should the client purchase additional services? The way I see it, you will generate few economies and therefore cost yourself money.

If they want the additional services, they will purchase them if they are discounted or not. Why give away 5-7% gross?
I disagree, a lot of customers are not even thinking about mulch, spring or fall clean ups etc. when looking to get their lawn cut. I think its a great upselling opportunity. Anyone can give a 5-7% discount and make it look good on paper. Its just like buying a new car they offer you discounts and it all sounds good but they can easily hide it then make it up at the bottom line.

Precision

LawnSite Silver Member
MacLawnCo said:

The concept works just fine, because I price that in the discount. I price that into the mowing and each component as well.

OP
V

valley boy

LawnSite Member
What I meant was out of say 100 customers how many just want lawn cut and nothing else.???? 10 % ??? How many are interestd in package containing fertilizer dethatch etc ???