• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Painting Mower to Stand out.

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm thinking of painting my gateway the deck would be bright blue metallic with a green stripe and the rest yellow. Does anyone else paint their mowers to stick out and do you have pics.

LLandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
We leave our equipment the factory colors because the factory paint will last longer than regular paint and because I think it is unnecessary to spend the amount of time it would take to paint it correctly. The engine, hydro pumps, spindles and the deck, etc. would need to be removed.

OP
G

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thats why I'm only painting the deck. The paint is falling off and I got plenty of time this winter. I'm going to bondo the deep scratches and make it look like new.

lawnsbyrj

LawnSite Member
I Paint Cars, but mowers get to many scratches to be refinishing, and to Please all teh LEGAL Eagles around you would need to a have liscenced professional with a proper paint booth and disposal and that runs around $75 per hr for custom work.
I would make the truck and trailer stand out, normal people (non mowers) will not notice the mowers but will notice the tow rig

OP
G

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
My 1500 chevy truck was repainted a crazy blue this summer, trailer is only 1 year old and gets touched up every month. My other truck is a 01 f-350 so its paint is like new still. And my neighbor has a paint booth so all I have to do is buy the paint.

Brianslawn

LawnSite Silver Member
go with pink!

Lawn Masters

LawnSite Senior Member
I'd get the trailer, and mowers all painted to match the truck! if you REALLY want to be different, you could always get your mowers done with an american flag on the decks, or engine covers.

Jpocket

LawnSite Silver Member
Back before I had mostly newer mowers, all of my equipment was green, my old lazer was green, so was my scag walkbehind was too. We just painted them green because they needed to be painted any way, and I had a BUnton, that was green.

Also had a Bob-cat that was green before they were supposed to be green, some of the old timers know what im talking about.

OP
G

Gatewayuser

LawnSite Bronze Member
Jpocket said:
Back before I had mostly newer mowers, all of my equipment was green, my old lazer was green, so was my scag walkbehind was too. We just painted them green because they needed to be painted any way, and I had a BUnton, that was green.

Also had a Bob-cat that was green before they were supposed to be green, some of the old timers know what im talking about.
Yea the old bob-cats were scag orange.