Painting my mower deck

stevesmowing

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys my mower deck was in need of help so I took it off the mower and got to work with an angle grinder with flap disks and a wire bush and a cup wire brush it took me about 30 hours for all the prep and the 1 coat of primmer and and 2 coats of rustolem paint. It worked great. Have to see how it will hold up.

mower.jpg

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
Looks very nice steve, hope it holds up well.
Anyone ever sand blasted their dect? I know youll have to remove spindles and stuff, but it would be quick and the blasting process slightly pitts the surface alowing better adhersion of the paint. I sand blasted my jeeps chasis 10 years ago and painted with epoxy paint and it still looks like new

ksland

LawnSite Senior Member
I think with all the prep hours you should have used a single stage acrylic enamel auto paint. Would have provided a much more durable finish.

indmowing

LawnSite Member
Great revamp there Steve, Looks great.

lol @ lawndoctorllc. I should hope you spend more time on the wife then that tho :rolleyes:

OP
S

stevesmowing

LawnSite Senior Member
I thought about sand blasting and a better paint but that would have cost a lot more. I only spent about $30 on it. I got decals i have to put on still, i called up the company and they sent them 2 me for free. Oh yea and i am only 16 lol.