1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Painting New Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ky.Smoke, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

After much research and even more indecision I bought Dupli-Color Truck bed liner for the floor of my new enclosed trailer and some oil based porch paint for the walls. I will be painting it over the next two weekends. I hope it works. I will post pics as I get work done.

2. samk

samk LawnSite Member

I thought about the dupli-color but went with the herculiner. what made you go with the duplicolor?

3. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

The cost difference between the two. I figure if it turns out horrible I could always throw down a coat of herculiner over top of it.

4. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

I have completed the painting of my new Enclosed Trailer. The walls are turned out great with the oil based paint and the floor is awesome. Th eonly problem i had was the coverage was not as good as the can said it would be. I ended up using 5 1-gallon cans of the Duplicolor at $50.00 a can. It was still extremely cheaper than others. I did add some sand to it for added grip and it has a great feel to it. I will post some pics as soon as I get my new cord to download my digital camera .( dog got a hold of it )

5. samk

samk LawnSite Member

wish I could put my floor down. We just cant get out of this cold spell

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

How long is your trailer? I am trying to decide if I would need more than 5 gallons to do my 22'.

I had my 18' floor, ramp, and 1' up on the walls sprayed with Line-X for $600. If my 22' is not much more than that I might just go that route.

7. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

I have a 7 x 18 trailer and sprayed 18 inches up the sides and the drop down gate along with the ramp board for the end ( 12x68 ). I had a little left over so I did the bottom of my Jungle Wheel because it had some rust.

8. samk

samk LawnSite Member

Did you spray it on or roll it on and how did you add the sand?

9. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

I sparayed it on with an air texture gun for like ceilings. I put the coating in a bucket and thinned it some then added the sand to it and mixed it with a paint mixing attatchment on my drill. I still need to get the pics f the floorbut here are the walls just click on the link. I think I got it right.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=15fqfkpi.msypl6e&x=0&h=1&y=cgpr83

10. Ky.Smoke

Ky.Smoke LawnSite Member

Here are the pics the right way.

trailerbefore2.jpg

trailerwalls.jpg

trailerwalls2.jpg