Paper Invoice VS Digital Invoice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ZachBreeden, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:00 AM.

1. ZachBreeden

ZachBreeden LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I just started using a new invoice application called Invoice Simple on my phone, and it works pretty stinking good. Just curious how the rest of you handle your invoices. Do you use standard mail delivery? Email? How the heck you do your invoicing?

2. Steve5389

Steve5389 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male

I use Yardbook and they have invoicing and can send them out via email. If I haven't received payment for some time and I have sent them a few notices, I send them a paper invoice.

3. guitarman2420

guitarman2420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Midlothian, VA

I just use QuickBooks online and I can send an invoice from either my computer, tablet, or iPhone

WarriorLandscaping likes this.
  4. WarriorLandscaping

WarriorLandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male

Quickbooks imo is the best way to go, I've been using it for 2 years from my phone and laptop.

Makes everything a breeze !

5. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use both. Whichever the customer wants. Some of my customers are older and frankly don't even have a computer.

6. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

I had 2 elderly clients that I mailed invoices to last season. The rest get an emailed invoice with option to pay online.

guitarman2420 and ZLCLawnCare like this.
  7. guitarman2420

guitarman2420 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Midlothian, VA

My sentiments exactly. I have less than 10% of my clients that receive paper invoices and they are all seniors.

8. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

FreshBooks, online invoicing with the option to mail for me when needed.

9. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

Auto billing to a CC with Billing Orchard. Then use QuickBooks auto invoice to sync with it....once the customer is entered, its set and forget until the next year.

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I dont know why we mail so many invoices... and I mean it's ALOT... people want them... I think we should start changing for paper invoices...LOL