Paperless billing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Rockchoplawn, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone have suggestions for an online billing method that is inexpensive when compared to Square? I currently bill 75% of accounts with printed invoices that we leave out under the door mat at the end of the month (4th service during billing period).
    Terms are net 30 and I have found that most tend to take their time. With car payments, utilities and mortgage the lawn guy is always paid last. I use Square for the other 25% of accounts and have noticed a much quicker turnaround when compared to checks being mailed. The only issue is the 3% cc fee I pay. Really adds up even with just a quarter of our client base paying with this method. I do not pass this onto my customers and it has been two years so I can't rightfully change the terms. Also, Square just feels unprofessional for the volume of work we do. Other than emailing printed invoices and having checks be mailed, can anyone point me in the right direction? I would rather pay a flat rate per invoice vs a percentage so if anyone has suggestions I thank you in advance.

Ben

2. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Member

New to posting, so if this is in the wrong section feel free to move the thread

3. Ibow

Ibow LawnSite Member
    Male, from Hudsonville, MI

I use Invoivce Simple, an Apple app. Very inexpensive, easy to use and efficient. I really like it.

Invoice Simple - Invoice and Estimate on the Go by Zenvoice Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/gOKAP.i

Rockchoplawn likes this.
  4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

If you are taking cards you are going to pay around 2.75% everywhere. Use something that is simple and perhaps offers other benefits. For example:

Square. It slowly collects data on your clients and then can easily help you implement email marketing, review collecting, and other marketing tasks. Don't underestimte how powerful a roll Square is, especially if you are growing your client base over time.

PayPal. Is also developing marketing tools. I like the access to PayPal capital, a very simple way to get cash if cash flow is ever an issue.

Rockchoplawn likes this.
  5. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Senior Member

Of course you can. "Due to rising credit card fees, for 2018, a $3 convenience fee will be added for a credit card payments. For those wishing to avoid the fee, a personal check is always welcome."

Why on earth are you net 30? No wonder they're taking their time paying you.

Rockchoplawn likes this.