Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 10'x40' cargo container that holds all my equipment etc. a truck and 18' trailer. I have free rent at my grandfathers land. The bad part is immediately off the road you have to drive about 100 yards down hill to get where the majority of the land is and where it is all level. With this, when it rains, it is a COMPLETE mud zone, and the truck definitely can not pull the trailer up the hill until it has dried out. Land is zoned residential, adding a gravel drive to the bottom would be very expensive plus pushing the limit of getting fined. The other thing is the bottom where everything is parked is a complete swamp when it rains and takes forever to saturate or evaporate.

I have been looking to move equipment somewhere else because of the water/mud issue.

A local storage facilities website advertises parking available in 25' spaces for $20.00/month. With this I would need four spaces. The only thing is I need to check and see if they would allow a cargo storage container to be parked at a storage facility yard.

I am a member of my local rescue squad. My chief today there is property located directly off the upper back parking lot, he said I can park equipment back there about 100' from the back lot if I get a few loads of gravel dropped to prevent mud from going all through the parking lot and would be the trade with some help with the yard. The retired officer who is in charge of the property/grounds enjoys mowing, just hates trimming. It would consist of general fert. and squirt, mulching 6 yards, and helping remove the leaves and trimming around the property every other week or so. Sounds okay with me because I relatively do those things anyways. My only concern is getting something involved with work like this and the immediate cost of having to get a dumptruck or two of gravel and get a bobcat to spread it versus just $80.00/month at Uncle Bob's storage leaving work to do business with work and not any possible conflict with other things. I don't think any other members would particularly have a problem, some may think favortism or have there own few thoughts but we would reply it's a barter and rent.

Any opinions?

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
18 tons of gravel, 2" thick @ 13.00 ton = $234.00+$100.00 and I might be able to get the bobcat for an hour for free from a landscape company that operates next door to the rescue squad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.