1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Parking Lot and curb cracks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Blades of Steel, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I am absolutely going crazy at this point with these parking lot cracks and curbs. I have read a few posts regarding this but know one has report results of their uses. I have been told by many proffesionals locally to use Sahara if there are NO trees and shrubs within a 5 feet or so. I will only be applying small amounts in the cracks to control the weeds for a long period of time. Is this product what I need? I have been spraying Roun-up Quick Pro for the past few seasons but it only seems to work for a few weeks. The weeds here in the south are tough as nails it seems..

Any help would be greatly appriciated..

Tim

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, some sort of sterilant is what you need there. I have only used pramitol, mainly due to it's lower cost, but it works well if applied at the high rate. I do think that sahara is probably a better product iv'e just never tried it.

Remember though, sterilants usually won't kill what's already growing so you need to mix round up (or equivelant) with it to get a knock down of what's there. I know primitol is labeled to be mixed with many different herbicides as well as diesel fuel (for using under asphalt).

3. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

I've used sahara, you can mix roundup with it for faster knockdown, but I never have, you can kill what is growing with it no problem, it works well for me.

4. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know. I will knock down the growth with a line trimmer and add a little round up when applying..

Thanks again..

Tim

5. ynvvbr

ynvvbr LawnSite Member

Surflan works good mixed with roundup for parking lot edges

6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I would do it the other way around , treat with 'cide , wait a couple of days , then line trim.

7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Or use Scythe on a sunny day and go back in two hours and trim it down.