1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Parts lesson learned...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Jan 5, 2007.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I learned today, when you replace your truck's or car's spark plug wires it is a good idea to keep your used set of spark plug wires.
    Obviously, the wires itself are of little use.
    But in case you need that end-of-wire metal element or a boot, cauz I can't believe this but they don't sell those pieces (you gotta buy the whole wire OR a whole new set)!!!

And if you have the old wires, the end pieces are easy enough to pull off and re-install on a new one (such as if the new one has a wrong type, or if a new one breaks). Also good for lawnmowers and 2-cyclers when that crap breaks (like when pulling one off the plug) you can rebuild it.

I got lucky, thou I did have to rummage through the trash :laugh:

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. ALWAYS keep an extra set around (unless they're burnt though). I butr the sets that are solid lengths, and then I cut them down to fit. The sets just don't seem to fit.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. The only spark plug wire sets that I've found to truly fit are the OEM ones.