1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Parts Organizer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ARGOS, May 28, 2009.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't mind sitting back there....

but only if my hands are behind my back.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I can't take credit for the van set up. The guy I bought it from had already set it up that way, and at one point had 6 other vans set up the exact same way.

3. 5.0

5.0 LawnSite Member

Wow Dana, I will never post pics of my trucks & encl trailer now. The pics would be 75% dirt & mud with some spilled hyd fluid/diesel/oil/grease from the machine mixed in...

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I assume you bought that used? (also, i didnt catch that it was a gas engine the first time around)

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes used, 2001 E250, gas engine. Filled with parts and tools it still gets about 14-16 MPG in town.

or were you talking of the prisoner transport vehicle.

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

So, you guys who work out of vans.... don't the primer fumes get to you?

7. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

For this exact reason I make sure primer is tight and secure. I spill it in the truck utility box occasionally and I gag when I open the door.

We carry blowers and gas in all our trucks and vans too. On service calls we blow off hard surfaces as a courtesy. Gas spills occasionally and that isn't very pleasant.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Vans and cements may be a violation of OSHA edicts. You and the solvents are not supposed to be enclosed in the same space.

9. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

There is probably an OSHA approved cabinet for vans.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I belive so. The cabinet would have a gasketed door, and a vent through the van floor.