Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing my first driveway wed and was wondering what anyone could tell me is the best pattern to use to be efficent yet quick. some of the driveway has belgiun block flush with the asphalt any ideas how not to get it on blocks??? should i work verticaly or horizontally? its about 3500 sq feet so how many sections should i do it in??? thank you chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
the professional way would be to cut around everything and to spray it. 3500 is to big to do by hand and theres gonna be streaks. I would use a roler around the blocks and than squegee. than spray. nobody want to give you 600.00 bucks and see streaks. good luck

·
Registered
206 Posts
honestly I would use the roller i it has already been sealed before and cut in around 2-3 ft than set your pressure down to around 60 psi cut in a fe more feeet than turn your pressure up and spray. it wont leave any marks. seems like your a rookie and just starting up. its kind of hard not to leave brush marks. I am curious on what your setup is as you stated you had 6 inchs of hard buildup. please dont say your using a plastic tank.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Last week i was driving by dunkin donuts and I saw some guys out there sealing it with a sq tank. its about 35000 sq ft. they sealed about 7500 sq ft. looked like ****. than a few days go by and I see them back today. sealed about 10 k today. I have to ask why?????? why is it that these companies go for the cheapest price. the guy who did it 2 years ago is out of business, charged them 6 c a sq and all the lines looked like bananas. you would think they would have learned.
another funny one was i saw 4 mexicans sealing a parking lot about 4500 sq ft. used 55 buckets. didnt blow the parking lot clean. went right over dirt and even squegeed around the handicap stencil.. I have to start taking pics. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no its a 325 steel tank hand agitated guy left sealer in it at the end of last year and it froze and hardened. I got it all out i sealcoated a lot when I was younger about 16 but its been a while there is no spray setup as the driveway is pretty narrow and by the time I cut in edges I can just brush the whole thing any tricks to not getting brush marks???

·
Registered
128 Posts
i only do driveways,i cut in all my work with a tar roof brush 8'' wide and a hook for the bucket. it floats in the water box. i have used a 18'' paint roller over the top of hot drive to get brush marks out. it was just talk about. mist the asphalt with water to cool it down. don't pour it on, just mist

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.