• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Paver Manufacturer ICPI product certification

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Good One!

Too Funny!

I remember being at a supplier seminar in Walkersville, MD about 5, maybe 6 years ago. At that time the supplier was selling Cambridge products (which was a short marriage). The Cambridge folks were there and talked about the how the owner of Cambridge was one of the folks that launched ICPI :)

Bru75

LawnSite Senior Member
Looks like most of the major concrete paver manufacturers talked about on this site are not selling pavers certified by the ICPI. I do not see EP Henry, Anchor/Belguard, Unilock or Nicolock. If they all really meet ASTM specs why would they not be certified by the one body that governs their industry?

http://www.icpi.org/contractors/certified_products.cfm
Because ICPI does not "govern" anything, they just come up with guidelines. They have no way of making anybody follow them.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Just so happens to be that ICPI'S current Chairman is the owner of Nicolock. LOL

For what it's worth, I'm not a big follower of ICPI. They've lost respect from me back when they laxed their requirements for contractor certification renewal, makin it obvious that they're all about la dinero.......

Last edited: