1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

pavestone edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by greenman, Apr 1, 2003.

1. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Ok,guys, need some help please. Ive never done this as commercial work before,only for me, and that was just a couple of times, in the past. I am installing some Terra Cotta pavestone, its replacing some rotted landscape timbers. It doesn't have to be a wall, just an edging (raised bed). So probably 2 high is all. 59 linear ft with about 3 corners. How many do I need, and the most important question, is..what to charge? These are $.99 each at Home Cheapo. Wont take very long to take up the old timbers, maybe an hour at most. My figures are that I need about 350 to 360 pcs. Just a little more than a pallet. This about right? Even though its only 1 or 2 high, do I still need sand? or just compact the dirt? I feel like an idiot asking this,lol. I do landscaping, I have just never done pavers for a raised bed. Thanks in advance.

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Just bringing this back to the top. I need to price this job in the next day or two. Thanks.