Pawn shops are Thieves, most anyhow.

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by On a call, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ZombieCutter

ZombieCutter LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, there is. I believe it was a watch Chumlee bought.

On a call likes this.
  2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from S.E. New England

Yes there's a couple of times they turned people away they actually try going by the rules I'm sure they've had stolen stuff confiscated and lost the money:dizzy:

On a call likes this.
  3. On a call

On a call LawnSite Silver Member

But now they never share those stories :gmctruck::drinkup:

hort101 likes this.
  4. hort101

On a call likes this.
  5. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I was in a pawn shop looking for a few things to be spares of my equipment and there were two cops in there looking at a TV. Seems that the guy that pawned it had just picked it up across the street at the local rent to own place.

hort101 likes this.
  6. On a call

On a call LawnSite Silver Member

hort101 likes this.
  7. hort101

Ya somethins you just can't fix and stupid is one of them;):laugh:

8. bill j

bill j LawnSite Member

I know here in Florida when you pawn something at a pawnshop they have to hold it for a certain amount of days they have to turn their reports over to the local police as to everything that people brought in to Pawn this way the police go through their reports to see if any of the items were stolen I am a prime example I just bought a back pack blower had it three days some punk stole it off my trailer while I was eating lunch thank God I had the serial number I made a report with the police and they recovered it three days later at a local pawnshop least to say I had to pay the $80 they pawned it for but I received the money back from the kids probation so I urge everyone who buys new equipment take your phone set up a file with all your serial numbers of your equipment without the serial number you might as well kiss it goodbye and so thank God I happen to take a picture of the serial number on my blower that's the only reason I got it back it only takes seconds to snap a picture of all your serial numbers

foreplease and hort101 like this.