• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Pay Rate for Head Employee

Lawn Authority

LawnSite Member
What is a good hourly rate or annual salary for a head guy that does 500 fertilizer jobs and helps run the company - Fills in for sick mowing guy, plows snow, can help with irrigation work, helps with winter mower maint. and helps in office in off season. He is also good at sales and customers like him a lot. Has worked here for 10 years!

What pay, bonuses, vacation?

Give me some feed back - we want to see how we compare to the rest of the industry.

lifetree

LawnSite Fanatic
Sounds like he'd be worth more than $ 18 per hour, to me !!

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
thats about 40g a year for a landscaper with no overtime.
That's not a lot of money for CT. I'd pay $20.00 + commission on sales and some kind of incentive plan for an extra week off during slow time.
Someone with skills and loyalty like that is worth rewarding and keeping.

kirk1701

LawnSite Gold Member
That's not a lot of money for CT. I'd pay $20.00 + commission on sales and some kind of incentive plan for an extra week off during slow time.
Someone with skills and loyalty like that is worth rewarding and keeping.
Faxing you my resume :laugh:

//kidding bud

NINER

LawnSite Member
A company vehicle if worked in your budget right can be cheaper on you in the long run instead of a real big salary. I would say a guy like that would be worth a good $70,000.00 if it was all salary. So maybe give him $45,000.00-$50.000.00 a year and he could consider the truck as part of his pay cause he wouldnt have to pay fuel and extra car insurance payments and all that jazz if he was married and had to have 2 cars so he could get to work and he wont have an excuse of not being able to get to work.