PAY SCALE FOR FOREMAN AND WORKERS

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Wright48, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Senior Member

Goes with out saying that finding help is near impossible now a days , Im currently paying by foreman 24 an hour plus 401k benefits with overtime and a weeks paid vacation plus paid holidays , we work from mid march till Christmas and snow in winter. average about 55 -60 hours a week.

The current crew leader has been good for the past 3 years but this season he started to miss a lot of days couldn't work Saturdays in fall or didn't want to. whole attitude changed , On the phone txting a lot. basically not pulling his weight for what im paying him. So i told him at the end of the year im cutting his pay to 20 per hour because he should be running the jobs instead of me having to be there constantly. I Doubt hell be coming back for next season, but what im wondering is what everyone else pays foreman what you offer etc , and what do you expect from them for there job title and wage ?

hort101 likes this.
  2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

prob working too many hours and he's getting burned out on it.

dieselss and TPendagast like this.
  3. Wright48

Never was a problem before , always was asking for more hours. He’s got lots of bills to pay spends money foolishly. Basically the norm in jersey area is 55-60 hours a week on season where seasonal here for the most part.

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Crew lead/foreman/field manager
    Whatever you call him, call him one thing, define the role and give him exact duties and specifications/qualifications

Then define what the next highest role for him is
    With no destination he had no motivation

Sounds like you already compensate well for a field leader

5. rclawn

rclawn LawnSite Senior Member

This guy sounds like a real winner. I’d cut him off before others pick up on his bad habits. You shouldn’t have to babysit someone like this especially a crew leader. Nothing sucks more than paying someone so well, yet seeing them squander their money like that. This punk would be better off working at burger king. I would line up some good potential replacements then have the “talk” with him. If he can’t change his ways by the date you agree on, let him know he was easy to replace and send him on his way.

johnfaria68 likes this.
  6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

doubt he will come back with a $4/hr pay cut next year.

rclawn likes this.
  7. Wright48

Yea I’m not expecting him to come back , I’ll just have tos tart looking now for a replacement , ahh the night mare begins

hort101 likes this.
  8. Wright48

He was working good all the way up to this season about midway his whole attitude changed plus the no license thing isn’t working for me either I can get a helper and pay them like 14 to do the same job. Think with someone like that whatever job they go to after a certain amount of time passes they’ll be miserable no matter what. Just funny how people can change like that so fast

hort101 likes this.