1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

pay scale

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nvrstsfd23, Nov 5, 2006.

1. nvrstsfd23

nvrstsfd23 LawnSite Member

I am looking at a job position for a landscaping company that will make me in charge of running a mowing crew of 2 to 3 guys plus me and I will also be responsible for bidding on all of our contracts. If I to be paid hourly with a bonus on what bidding I get. What should I be looking for pay wise and how much commission should I expect from the bidding like 2 percent or what.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My 2 crew foremen for maintenance get $22.50 an hour plus some bennies. I personally do all the contracts and sales work. I don't think a one-time 2% bonus on new work is unreasonable...maybe even 5%.

As for any new work that my people get me, IMO that is just added job security and more employment hours.

3. nvrstsfd23

nvrstsfd23 LawnSite Member

yeah the 2 percent deal would be for the whole year work from the job I bid. So for example if I bid a job for grass cutting, mulch, fertilizer, snow removal, etc and all this added up to 60,000 dollar contract for the year I would get 1200$ from that account plus my hourly raise. So hows that sound or should I expect closer to 5%.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

depends on how grateful your employer is for you bringing in new work I guess