1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Paying up front?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ofr421, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ofr421

ofr421 LawnSite Member

I have a good customer who called me today, Complimented me on the work I was doing, and asked me to stop by in order for him to give me some money. He said that he is going out of town for a few months and wanted to pay the money up front. I am not complaining about this, just not sure how to appropriately handle it. Currently he is billed once a month on a 30/cut as needed basis. Should I estimate the number of cuts while he is gone or put together a per month charge for him.

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You should know how many cuts he will get in the time that he his gone. Then...charge accordingly.

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a guy like that who lives out of state and rents his house. He sends me $500 and says to just let him know when he owes more. So every 3 months or so I just give him a call and another check shows up a few days later...

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Credit it to his account, then every time you mow it, deduct the amount from the credit.
    In my case, I put a + next to the figure so I know for sure it's a credit.