PB-8010 vs BR800

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Hotty Toddy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Member

My BR700 got stolen on a job site a few weeks ago. I figured when I got a new one, I’d go up to the 800. There’s a Stihl dealer close to my house. Their turnaround time for repairs is usually two weeks.

I stumbled upon an Echo dealer pretty close by today. Their turn around time for tune ups and repairs is a couple days, same day if it’s just a tune up.

How much should the service play into my consideration of these two blowers? Should I consider more the Echo? Going with another Stihl was just my default.

2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Running both. 8010 definitely more power. 800 more comfort. I have no problem w/comfort of 8010 but some the guys complain about a stiff swing and strap sliding off left shoulder.

Doc8406 and Cam15 like this.
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

ever thought of husqvarna?

4. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Love my 800c side start. So far no issues and it's super comfortable.

Doc8406 and Cam15 like this.
  5. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

800 light weight and great on fuel. Plus side start is excellent

13Razorbackfan and Cam15 like this.
  6. Turf Tracer

Rule #1 if residential customer comes out to chat. Never turn off the equipment. Slide ear protection off, be polite, talk loudly, but do not turn off blower. Back away slowly, smiling and nodding if customer begins to ramble.

No side start needed and you saved yourself 10 min.

7. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both blowers and they're both great. The 8010 is definitely more powerful. I find the unit very comfortable and the big tube only slightly stiff. It does suck up more fuel than the Stihl and it's air stream is quite wide. For every day mow and blow usage, this can be a hindrance because rather than pushing the debris forward it pushes it out and up. Sometimes, you have too go and corral the debris it pushed off to the side. The Stihl is a bit more comfortable, less powerful, and more fuel efficient. It's airflow is more concentrated. Thus, you have more directional control as to where you want to place the debris. The Stihl also scours a bit better than the Echo. For everyday mow and blow tasks, I prefer the Stihl but for clean ups, I much prefer the Echo PB8010. If you can fit it into your budget, I would get both.

8. OP
    OP
    Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy LawnSite Member

The Echo dealer today let me try out the 8010 in the parking lot. It was not as comfortable as my BR700, but I might just be I am used to the Stihl.

I wish I could afford both!

9. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to have the 700 as well and find the 800 to be similar. If you are used to Stihl, then stick with it and go for the 800. It's a nice unit.

Cam15 likes this.
  10. Turf Tracer

Don’t have the scatter problems joed has w/8010. Just ease up on throttle and it’s an 800. Sounds like he’s collecting the seeds, clippings off hard surfaces. We just blow on turf. Gets mulched up.

Mow/blow drives never been faster. Almost eliminated waking on a few just stand, do an arc done.

Mark Oomkes and Cam15 like this.