1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pdf Passwords?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

What software are you using?
    It can't be the reader
    You actually secure it for different options, like can it be printed, can it be copied, can it be saved, etc.

3. Frontier-Lawn

im using gopher to do pdf invoices and want to be able to use a 2nd program to add passwords to it so that i can just mass email all clients at once and then they just use there password to open only there invoice.

4. ICT Bill

trying to gather information here to help so bear with me

You want to send out the same email to 100 customers and every customer will get the same email with 100 invoice attachments and you want them to type in a password to open only the invoice that pertains to them? Did I get that right

5. ICT Bill

Frontier
    Come to think of it, you are better off going straight to the source for this question.
    I would ask Gopher what they do for an application like this, it will save you a lot of time I would think, they have probably had this same question a lot and know exactly what to do

6. Frontier-Lawn

yes thats right or i would put them on a hidden section of my website and just the clients would have a link to that area

Sent them 2 emails and 1 post on there forum 4+ weeks ago.

7. ICT Bill

I know nothing about gopher software

It seems to me what you are looking for is automated billing software

I know my webguy uses it for his customer base and bills quarterly with the bill in PDF format but I think he uses quick books.

I really don't know, just trying to head you in the right direction

I say pick up the phone and call gopher

8. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

I could go for the hidden files on the website idea, but the other...I don't know how many clients you have that would get this email but I would think it could become a fairly large file(s) quickly. And I wouldnt be impressed with having to download a 3,4, 5 or larger MB email just to get my bill.