1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Peco type vacumn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wriken, Apr 20, 2003.

1. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a peco type collection system on a 60" ztr(will show pic of type) anyways I would like to know how if any differant they work on a 72", I guess what I'm asking is about the added volumn of what the bigger deck size would put out if there would be a clogging factor?

mvc-013s.jpg

2. Clogging will be a factor. Wider deck, more dischargable dibris.

Drive a little slower.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Is a peco Vac system like the John Deere power flow system where a double pulley runs a 4 bladed plastic fan that blows stuff up into the bags. - It sure looks like it from the picture

I have run the power flow baggers JD puts out in the past - I quit bagging a few years ago, and the yards have never looked better, but back to the question - is the peco a company that makes baggers that are powered for a lot of different mowers?

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

This is alot heavier duty than plastic, I think its 1/4" impeller,belt driven. I use it mainly for spring/fall leaf clean-up's, it holds 12 bushels. Yes peco make them to fit alot of differant mower's. Mine is like a peco, don't know if it is made by them or someone else, says Cub commercial on side tag. Probably MTD:)

5. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

peco makes vac systems that use pony engines. The thing to worry about putting a bag system on 72" is hp. Will it turn the deck and bag system with no problems