• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

perfect treatment truck revisited

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
http://gmccommercialtrucks.com/landscape.html

Here is the link for what I think is the perfect truck for guys using ride on fert machines.

Its the bottom truck, vanscraper, I would need a side swing out or roll up door to be able to load a pallet of fert. Also a curb door on the side to beable to walk in with out opening the back door.

Sometime this season I will be pricing this out So I will let you all know how much this perfect set up will cost me.

NJemerald

LawnSite Member
I really like that Vanscaper setup. The 1/2 ramp on the back is also a very nice idea. You could work out of rear without having to lower ramp EVERY time!
That side door would have to be pretty wide to fit a pallet of fert through it, Do they make a door wide enough? A roll up door on the curb side would be great AND you would not have the door swinging out / hanging in your way!

OP
James Cormier

James Cormier

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ive seen some swing out doors on sides of other box trucks that would be wide enough for a pallet, Roll up would work but It may be in the way of the back roll up door (tracks)

DUSTYCEDAR

LawnSite Fanatic
my friend has a vanscaper style truck
it is great i was going to order 1 last year but things changed
the only thing i saw as a problen was the last 4 feet of the deck in the box is sloped so u cant put anything on it or u cant oppen the door if it slides into it
16-4=12ft of usable space just a thought
i was looking to put it on a isuzu chassy got costly fast
u also cant tow a trailer with this setup
my final thought was i could get a ford cube van all set up with the body 15 ft usable space and a 351 gaser for 25k then weld on a ramp and still pull a trailer if needed.
all together i had a new truck for 27 grand out makeing money
the cabover and the vanscaper body was what i would like to have in the future but the cost was about 10 grand more
in the end i ended up with a van oh well