1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Testing:

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Jul 17, 2000.

1. TURF Editor

TURF Editor LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Some great ideas here, guys.<p>I'll be at EXPO this weekend, asking as many manufacturers as I can how we could organize the logistics of getting big gear into the hands of qualified reviewers -- and not just for a day, but for several weeks.<p>If any of you are at EXPO, stop by our booth and say &quot;HI.&quot;<p>Keep the ideas coming. We're listening.<p>David G. Cassidy<br>Editor<br>TURF Magazine<p>

2. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

It might be nice to know how well a machine cuts at different hights. Mabey which engine combo works best on each machine too.

3. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

It would be nice to know if there is a mower that will cut clean on the first pass. But I doubt there is one.<p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla

4. EarthWorks

EarthWorks LawnSite Member

How about: Replacement parts cost comparison, fuel efficiency, and avg cost per hour of run time just like on refrigerators and water heaters.

5. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

How well will it mulch in various conditions ands lengths.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I like Earthworks' idea a lot, so I'll expand on it. They should go by the routine maintenance scheduele and figure out how much all the preventitive maintenance (oil changes, filters, etc) the machine will require for the x ammount of hours they think the engine will run. This way people can easily come up with a $ ammount for how much it costs per hour to run the machine. This would also include fuel consumption.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

7. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Better cut first pass, MUCH more comfortable to ride on, longer lasting parts, less greasing, quieter. Not so Da*b expensive for those of us who buy a lot of them.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Grasscape Inc

8. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Which ones you can: <br>Get the parts the quickest for.<br>Need the least amount of maintenance.<br>Cut better under tough conditions (rainy, high grass,hills etc)<br>Mowers & blowers that do best for Fall Clean ups.<br>Mowers that cut better through different types of grasses.<br>Line trimmers that can cut through high and thick grasses and brush.<br>Back pack blowers that can blow the most volume.<br>Hedge clippers that can cut through the most and one that are the lightest in weight.<br>Break down of different class mowers, edgers, blowers,line trimmers etc. The Weight,motors, etc.<br>Sorry to ramble hope that helps.<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance :)<br>

9. LiVe2

LiVe2 LawnSite Member

Ease of taking blades off a mower should be one of the biggest things I think. I have a John deere Ztrack and you can allmost get away with sharping blades on the deck, were is my Great dane chariout takes about 30min to change out blades. If someone could figure out a way to make it so all you have to do is drive your mower deck over some kind of sharpner you could be rich