• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

perm-a-green magnum tank screen clogging

ant

LawnSite Silver Member
i started to spray tal star out of my magnum and it seems like the strainer screen clog's with gray scum. i thought it was the old talstar but i opened a new gallon and it does the same. :realmad:

philk17088

LawnSite Fanatic
ant said:
i started to spray tal star out of my magnum and it seems like the strainer screen clog's with gray scum. i thought it was the old talstar but i opened a new gallon and it does the same. :realmad:
How 's the pH of your water? Hard water maybe causing some of the material to precipitate out of solution.
Just a thought?
Are you using a spreader-sticker? If so maybe it is clogging it.

OP
ant

ant

LawnSite Silver Member
thanks i used water from the shop and on the job and still the same..

philk: were in pa are you?
ant

zmowing

LawnSite Member
adding liquid fertilizer will cause this.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Complain to your dealer. Record the batch numbers off the bottle. Find out the temp of your water--is it really cold? pH off? Rinse the tank and system thoroughly, and clean the filter in the nozzle. You could try to mix it better. Let it run a few minutes before starting to spray. Use a battery operated drill and a paint stirring propeller.

indyturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
hmmmm I have sprayed Talstar out of my PG's with no problems.

CHARLES CUE

LawnSite Gold Member
Are you running some thing else in the tank with it just mixing talstar with water i would think would make it separate out some thing like herbicide anti foaming agent ?
Charles Cue

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Did you let the Talstar freeze over the winter? Did your dealer or his trucker let it freeze? Does it appear or smell different from a new batch or fresh bottle? allow a few drops to dry on paper--do you see crystals?

Remove filter from Permagreen and clean it thoroughly--wear gloves.

tdkx

LawnSite Member
Stop pouring it in so fast while the machine is running. Take a few minutes to dilute the concentrate into a mixture that can be added to the spray tank. Stop, and THINK.