Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys use it yet?
i got mine today and if i were 100 lbs lighter it would have done a nice job..
tires kept spinning...
ant

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes perm-a-green has it for there ride-on..give them a call...
ant

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Hold on a sec here, it attaches to the Ultra or Centri?

Dat's what you says.

Well, since you have one and you got a camera take a pic for us, we would like to see it.
I'd like to see it too. How about a price while your at it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ant, just got my aerator this weekend. I had a problem with tire spin as well. To cure this I reduced the front tire pressure to almost nothing and put 100 lbs in the hopper. It's not a perfect solution, but it helped. The aerator itself is good, but the tines may need to be changed a little. I thought it was a little expensive at $1750, but it's better than walking behind a Ryan all day!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i tryed to post a pic but my file is to big...
i need to try to get used to it...i placed 50 lb. in the hopper and it still spins the tires + i don't wont to kill the mechine.....
ant

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what is your address?
sit!
ant

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
here is the pic that ant sent me (hopefully)

Ant, could you explain a little more about it? i cant visualise where that goes on the ride on

Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Shoulder bag Wood

·
Banned
3 Posts
you payed how much for this ? it looks like something that was built in a junk yard. didn't spend much time developing this thing or was it an 8th grade shop class project. just my thought but i think i will go buy one of those Z-plugers at least it will make a hole in the ground. i saw one the other day that was leaving 3 1/2" plugs but you get what you pay for. and i know that my customers are happy when i leave

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
here is the pic that ant sent me (hopefully)

Ant, could you explain a little more about it? i cant visualise where that goes on the ride on
Since ant isn't answering, I will. It goes on the back of the PG, you remove the stock sulky and put this aerator sulky in it's place. I think pulling this aerator behind the PG will be hard on the transaxle and probably shorten it's life significantly.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
$1800 bucks - for THAT??? Now I'M confused!:rolleyes: What is it, about 20" wide? You could BUILD something like that for under 100 bucks, easily!:confused:

·
Registered
706 Posts
That look liek somethin BHB would have create dback when he had too much time on his hands. I can't beleive they are going to try and amrket that.

#1 -- It's not a core aerator and provides very little benefit to the turf -- may actually cause compaction problems by jammin a lot of the turf down.

#2 - It wouldn't do any more than scratch hard ground. And with all the weight on the spikes and not on the drive axles -- it would act more like an anchor than an aerator.

#3 -- I would imagine that it would add a lot of force on the trans axle and cause premamture failure

#4 - It's not worth near the price mentioned above.

#5 - Are they kiddin'?

·
Banned
1,773 Posts
You guys sure got a lot of info and opinions from one picture. form that view it's hard to tell anything. The tines look a bit like the spoon tines on the JRCO aerators but again it's hard to tell anything from that picture. From what I can see it doesn't look to be built badly. I do agree that it's going to take a lot of weight on the drive wheels to be able to pull it with someone standing on it. How about someone just put a sulky on a Clausen or turfco split drive with the tines actually pulling the machine?

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Now THERE is a thought that I had a long time ago!;) Great idea. I thought about this when I was using the old Lesco aerators that had the tines up front and just sort of "walked" over the turf. These things worked GREAT ant would EASily pull a sulky right along.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.