• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

perm-a-green sprayer mounted on a spreader

ant

LawnSite Silver Member
does anybody use the perm a green sprayer on a walkbehind spreader?
if so what brand of chemicals do you that gave good results,and at wkat rate?
anthony

excel25

LawnSite Senior Member
I have used most everything that lesco sells. You need to messure off a distance and time yourself and you get a chart that tells you if it takes (X) time at 3/4 oz.pr gal. use (X) amount of chem. I avg. 6oz per gal. with most and get good results.

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
anthony,

I have put 5 of those unit together.

The new ones use 16oz solution/1000 sq. ft.

I've sprayed many different herbicides through it.

My favorites are Momentum (for small residentials) and custom blended 2,4-D & Confront. (For large residentials, condos and commercial sites.) Both at 1.3-1.5oz/1000.

jaclawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I run Momentum @ 7 oz./Gallon.

On a side note, I was having trouble with my batteries. THey would not take a charge. I have not run that much material through the system that was purchased in July of this year. I was getting very upset, having to double trip the lawns to spot spray. I thought that the bateries were defective. I was all set to call and complain to the company, when it hit me. There is an inline fuse in the charger, and yep, it was blown. $.25 solved the problem.

Lazer- What kind of battery life do you get out of them???

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've not had the best of sucsess with those batteries.

Most are mounted on machines with a electric start.

I do have 2 mounted on POWER walk-behind spreaders, in which I have a lawn & garden battery mounted IN the fertilizer hopper.

These units do smaller lawns and we trickle-charge the batteries over each weekend.

OP
ant

ant

LawnSite Silver Member
lazer/jaclawn--- do you have to go over the property 2 times when spraying? do you find that a "sticker" helps?

jaclawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I only go over the lawn once. Twice would be too much aI per M. I have not had the unit long enough and used it wnough to make a call on sticker.