Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody use the perm a green sprayer on a walkbehind spreader?
if so what brand of chemicals do you that gave good results,and at wkat rate?
anthony

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have used most everything that lesco sells. You need to messure off a distance and time yourself and you get a chart that tells you if it takes (X) time at 3/4 oz.pr gal. use (X) amount of chem. I avg. 6oz per gal. with most and get good results.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
anthony,

I have put 5 of those unit together.

The new ones use 16oz solution/1000 sq. ft.

I've sprayed many different herbicides through it.

My favorites are Momentum (for small residentials) and custom blended 2,4-D & Confront. (For large residentials, condos and commercial sites.) Both at 1.3-1.5oz/1000.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I run Momentum @ 7 oz./Gallon.

On a side note, I was having trouble with my batteries. THey would not take a charge. I have not run that much material through the system that was purchased in July of this year. I was getting very upset, having to double trip the lawns to spot spray. I thought that the bateries were defective. I was all set to call and complain to the company, when it hit me. There is an inline fuse in the charger, and yep, it was blown. $.25 solved the problem.

Lazer- What kind of battery life do you get out of them???

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've not had the best of sucsess with those batteries.

Most are mounted on machines with a electric start.

I do have 2 mounted on POWER walk-behind spreaders, in which I have a lawn & garden battery mounted IN the fertilizer hopper.

These units do smaller lawns and we trickle-charge the batteries over each weekend.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lazer/jaclawn--- do you have to go over the property 2 times when spraying? do you find that a "sticker" helps?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I use Lesco spreader/sticker at their label rate.

I shouldn't admit this, but while I always carefully measure my herbicides, I give most spreader/sticker the "1 glug" per 50 gallons. (2 glugs in damp weather.)

As far as the squeeze-and-spray, put a small section (6") hose on your fill nozzle so the discarge is at the bottom of the bottle when filling.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lazer/jac... does that little spray bottle work?
i havent used mine yet,i guess i should if it works.
anthony

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lazer: how much lecco sticker do you use when you use the ride-on,i would think the rate would be more due to the low volume. i mix 60 oz of momemtum,2 oz lesco sticker to make up 5 gal. of sprayable matt. (8 oz/m).

how do you fill your tank?
i use a "labeled jerry jug" that i fill from a fresh water holding tank in my truck,and them make my mix, but one of these days i am going to spill filling that ride-on tank.

anthony

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had thoughts of using one of those 15 (25?) gallon sprayers from Northern. I was going to mount it in the back of the truck, then I could mix my material in a larger quantity in that tank. I could then use the pump to fill the sprayer.

THey are cheap enough, and it seems like it may save some time/hassle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.