Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am going to purchase a PERMA-GREEN RIDE-ON ULTRA next year to spray some commercial accounts and residential (1+ acres). Before I do, I would like some feedback from any of you who use one. Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Brand Tek -- http://www.brandtekus.com/main.htm

Found this product on the web the other day.

It looks very homemade -- but interesting. How about the blower mounted fertilizer spreader. It calls it a granualr fertilizer spreader -- it uses a blower attached to the spreader to shoot the fertilizer out the tube -- sounds like fun -- but I question the accuracy.

Doesn't seem as maneuverable as the PermaGreen either. No prices on their website.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by Hamons
Brand Tek -- http://www.brandtekus.com/main.htm

Found this product on the web the other day.

It looks very homemade -- but interesting. How about the blower mounted fertilizer spreader. It calls it a granualr fertilizer spreader -- it uses a blower attached to the spreader to shoot the fertilizer out the tube -- sounds like fun -- but I question the accuracy.

Doesn't seem as maneuverable as the PermaGreen either. No prices on their website.
Looks interesting...

I bet it's $14k......

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have a Centri and love it. Couldn't imagine going back to the old push spreader and hose dragging days. The only time the push spreader gets used is when I absolutely can't get the PermaGreen in an area. I can do my round's in half the time it used to take.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by EJK2352
I have a Centri and love it. Couldn't imagine going back to the old push spreader and hose dragging days. The only time the push spreader gets used is when I absolutely can't get the PermaGreen in an area. I can do my round's in half the time it used to take.
So you use only the perma-green and don't have skid sprayer to do applications? I find it hard to imagine using only the perma-green to spray the majority of my lawns and not drag any of those damn hoses, even on my 1/4 acre lots.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by tennissippi
Around here they are going for $4650 + tax.

LGF....do your chemical cost down as well since the Perma-Green sprays @ 30 oz per 1000?
A question to answer your question..

If you are applying 1.1oz of chemical per 1000 with a hose or the Perma Green do you still apply the same amount of chemical?

The Perma Green is a low volume sprayer, you still use most of the chems at their rates, just less water as a carier.

It saves time by doing 2 apps at once, and you can spot spray as you fert which will cut down on the chemicals used. I only had to do 1 blanket app since I started using ride on sprayer. Once you really get thos lawns under control you can just spot spray and not have to blanket at all, But i like my blanket app to get what I didn't see.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by tennissippi
So you use only the perma-green and don't have skid sprayer to do applications? I find it hard to imagine using only the perma-green to spray the majority of my lawns and not drag any of those damn hoses, even on my 1/4 acre lots.
I use my skid sprayer as a nurse tank to fill the PG unit.

I still use the hose for a company I sub for thoug. You can use the PG to spray everything, but the price he was paying he made the choice to use the hose and payed dearly for it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.