Permagreen Triumph or Ground Logic

coolluv

Banned
Ive read through a bunch of older threads and not much new information. From what I read on both the specs seem to be the same. Same engine and transmission same size tires etc. I know of few of you guys have these machines, what do you like and don't like about them.

Also I see that most that own these are from flat parts of the country, anyone who owns these run them on hilly lawns? Where I'm at the lawns are mostly hilly and just plain crazy, not flat like you see in the pretty pictures. Both machines are around the same price, but I'm leaning towards the Ground Logic. But I don't like the fact that their are no dealers around here. I have been emailing back and forth with Brice from Ground Logic and getting more information. But I would like to hear from some actual owners who have had these machines for a while and hopefully from some owners who run these on tight, hilly lawns between 3000 and 10,000 sq ft.

Brice from Ground Logic assures me that they perform very well on hilly lawns. I like the fact that the Permagreen can be bought locally and I could probably demo one, but I have not talked to them about a demo yet but I'm sure I could. Ground Logic has a 30 day buy back program but I'm not sure if there are any strings attached to that. Like who pays to ship it back etc.

If anyone can share their experiences with either of these machines I would appreciate it very much as I would like to buy one in the near future. I also read where the support after the sale with the Permagreen is very poor. I don't know if that is true or not. I also read that there are a lot of problems with the Permagreens.

Well lets hear it form you guys, lets get some fresh opinions and experiences in this thread because I'm sure there are others that are contemplating the same purchasing decisions. I have looked at the Turfco machine and the LTRich machines but for the areas that I will be operating and the conditions I believe the smaller machines would be a better fit for my situation. Although I could be swayed to think otherwise.

Thanks Dave...

rcreech

Sponsor
Read my past posts on the Ground Logic.

I have owned 3 Permagreen Magnums and loved them.

I also have owned 3 Z Sprays and I still have 2 (Max and Jr).

I NOW own 3 Ground Logics and we love them (just got my third one last week).

They are just all round awesome for what we do.

They are great on small lawns, they do ok on hills and the price is very reasonable. I guess I call it the best bang for the buck when it comes to ride on's.

Trust me the Z Spray is built like a tank and has its place...but on 20K lawns and less I really like the PG a lil better. They are just so agile and narrow yet you can still get over an acre per fill.

I have never owned a PG Tri but I can tell you I know I never will. Just too many things I don't like about them.

I agree that I hear people bashing the PG all the time...but that was BEFORE the Magnum (which is like the GL). The Magnum was an awesome machine and I am glad the GL replaced it.

My guys love them!

Brice is awesome to work with also. He has been great to work with and always calls me back really quick.

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
Read my past posts on the Ground Logic.

I have owned 3 Permagreen Magnums and loved them.

I also have owned 3 Z Sprays and I still have 2 (Max and Jr).

I NOW own 3 Ground Logics and we love them (just got my third one last week).

They are just all round awesome for what we do.

They are great on small lawns, they do ok on hills and the price is very reasonable. I guess I call it the best bang for the buck when it comes to ride on's.

Trust me the Z Spray is built like a tank and has its place...but on 20K lawns and less I really like the PG a lil better. They are just so agile and narrow yet you can still get over an acre per fill.

I have never owned a PG Tri but I can tell you I know I never will. Just too many things I don't like about them.

I agree that I hear people bashing the PG all the time...but that was BEFORE the Magnum (which is like the GL). The Magnum was an awesome machine and I am glad the GL replaced it.

My guys love them!

Brice is awesome to work with also. He has been great to work with and always calls me back really quick.

Which would you recommend where the average lawn is 20-40k?

rcreech

Sponsor
Any machine works great on that size

For a any ride on a 40k is a walk in the park

We just seem to use the Zs on our larger lawns

Anything over 2 acres is a no brainer for a z due to it capacity
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech

Sponsor
How much is the ground logic? Looks like a solid machine, is maneuverability about the same as the newer smartsteer?
Probably depends on where it is being shipped but think it was around $7200 with shipping.

Never ran a smartsteer...but this thing turns easy and on a dime.

Brice changed the sulky compared to the Magnum and made several improvements.

OP
C

coolluv

Banned
Hey rcreech thanks for the feedback, I did read your other threads. Congrats on the manager also.

Anyone else?

Dave...

Turf-Magic

LawnSite Member
In my opinion, the PG Triumph is much harder to maneuver. I have owned Permagreen's Ultra, Magnum, and Triumph. I ended up letting the Triumph go. It was much harder to turn and took more upper body strength. It wore me out after a full day. If you're not careful while turning, I found that it could easily send you sailing in the opposite direction from the machine. I must say that I do love the Ultra and the Magnum. (though I have upgraded to a z-spray but haven't had the opportunity to use it much) PG has always made a great product in my opinion and are great with customer service. I just wasn't a fan of the Triumph. Again though, this is just my opinion. I've also met several people who really like the Triumph. Good Luck in whatever you decide!

Lefet

LawnSite Bronze Member
In my opinion, the PG Triumph is much harder to maneuver. I have owned Permagreen's Ultra, Magnum, and Triumph. I ended up letting the Triumph go. It was much harder to turn and took more upper body strength. It wore me out after a full day. If you're not careful while turning, I found that it could easily send you sailing in the opposite direction from the machine. I must say that I do love the Ultra and the Magnum. (though I have upgraded to a z-spray but haven't had the opportunity to use it much) PG has always made a great product in my opinion and are great with customer service. I just wasn't a fan of the Triumph. Again though, this is just my opinion. I've also met several people who really like the Triumph. Good Luck in whatever you decide!
That's good information there, especially if it's a female operator.