Lawn Care Forum banner

Permagreen Triumph

9K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  wyattstailoredlawns 
#1 ·
I can't find the origninal post. I had a look at the new Permagreen Triumph today at my Lesco/JDL dealer. Interesting. Lots of knobs and levers. Locking pump/spray control lever. Front brakes and back brakes, both of which lock to park. Gear shift near left hand. Spreader open control with either hand. Spreader rate adjustment near left hand. Stainless steel flip down edge deflector. New rotary agitation spreader set up. Third hole adjustment with left hand. Valves allow selection of low gear or high gear, wide or narrow pattern. Spray width 11 feet(or 3 ft). Spraying Systems Turbofloodjet nozzles. Two 6 gal tanks, tall and narrow, mounted behind the front wheels. It appears the tanks cannot be used for different products, but someone will modify them, I am sure.
http://permagreen.com/triumph/

#28 ·
Things I hated about my Magnum. Always getting clogged with the three hole hopper. 12 gal sprayer system too small. The carb spring always breaking due to fert, so i had to buy extras. After 6 hours of working calling it quits for the day because of being tired, due to turning the machine with full loads on lawns. And the stupid bottle for spot treating, what a piece of crap. I don't know why that haven't put a coiled spray wand on the new version. One member on here made the coiled spray wand and it was great when I had it.
I sold my 08 Magnum and just ordered an intermediate. I wont be getting tired anymore.

#29 ·
Things I hated about my Magnum. Always getting clogged with the three hole hopper. 12 gal sprayer system too small. The carb spring always breaking due to fert, so i had to buy extras. After 6 hours of working calling it quits for the day because of being tired, due to turning the machine with full loads on lawns. And the stupid bottle for spot treating, what a piece of crap. I don't know why that haven't put a coiled spray wand on the new version. One member on here made the coiled spray wand and it was great when I had it.
I sold my 08 Magnum and just ordered an intermediate. I wont be getting tired anymore.
All of what you say is true!

But it is still a pretty good machine overall!

You WILL love your Z! It is a production dream!

I can't believe how many units LT Rich is moving over the winter. They had a record year last year and it would be cool to see them blast through that this year!

I've been keeping track and I think there have been well over a dozen Z's bought by Lawn Site users in the last month!

Keep up the GREAT work Tom and da' boys!

#32 · (Edited)
Hoping to see one here next week at the turf show (our local LESCO/JDL friends).

A friend from the quad cities pre-oredered one last fall. Expecting delivery quite soon.

As far as cleaning out tanks, we've never had to do this. Anybody else? Thanks

p.s. I figure it wouldn't be too difficult to figure a way to fill both tanks at once. ???

#34 ·
Last years magnum, JDL decided to not give me the heads up to maybe wait it out and see what the new model offers. After a year of using it and doing some research on competitive models, I've started to consider a Z-spray. Creech, what do you think? I beleive you have both if I'm correct.
We will be at the Mohegan Sun on Thursday and Friday if you would like to come and see us.

#35 ·
All of what you say is true!

But it is still a pretty good machine overall!

You WILL love your Z! It is a production dream!

I can't believe how many units LT Rich is moving over the winter. They had a record year last year and it would be cool to see them blast through that this year!

I've been keeping track and I think there have been well over a dozen Z's bought by Lawn Site users in the last month!

Keep up the GREAT work Tom and da' boys!
Make that 13, I bought my second intermediate last week as well!

#36 ·
I took another quick look at the Permagreen Triumph at JDL today. Better brakes. Hand operated brakes like a motorcycle. Right hand for the front, left hand for the back wheels, or maybe other way around. If you need more capacity, you can always put an auxiliary tank in the back half of the hopper.
However--it seems to me that to operate the valves for the trim nozzle you have to use either your left hand or your right. You would have to let go of either the pump pulley or the throttle.

#37 ·
Last years magnum, JDL decided to not give me the heads up to maybe wait it out and see what the new model offers. After a year of using it and doing some research on competitive models, I've started to consider a Z-spray. Creech, what do you think? I beleive you have both if I'm correct.
I am currently running both...and will be getting rid of the PG and probably replacing either with an Intermediate or a Jr (have to decide what will fit best).

I do like the PG as it is very nice on props with gates...but we just don't have very many.

Z is an awesome machine and you will find many satisfied customers that post on here.

LT Rich is so awesome to work with!

You will find that they are not just a supplier, but they really care and everyone thinks a lot of them!~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.