1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Pesticide Applicator Records

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tulialawncare, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. Tulialawncare

    Tulialawncare LawnSite Member
    Messages: 19

    I am going to have to make some more blank copies of records for this year, and wondering what everyone else is doing or using. Do you have carbon copies or do you write it down twice for your costumer and yourself ? What information and how much information are yall putting in your records. There has to be a better way than how I have done in the past. Just curious how the rest of the pros were doing it.
  2. RigglePLC

    RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,727

    Yes, I keep self carbon copies of my applications. Customer can see the chemical data--pounds per acre, target pest, EPA number and so forth. I file yellow copy after my wife posts the billing amounts. This is printed in advance so i just need to check which product I used.
    Before spring start-up, my computer prints a customer truck card for each customer (6 by 8"). Card has printed the proper price, and amount of dry or liquid, to use for their individual square feet. (Or insecticide).
    This year the computer will type the chemical data into the computer customer record automatically--but only if I use the label rate for that customers square feet as planned--exceptions I have to enter individually. During November when i have more time, I double check these records so they match with customer card, and yellow copy. Electronic records are OK with the state.
    But exceptions make things a little more complicated--if i use Merit the rate is 1.4 pounds per M. Merit with fertilizer goes down at more like 3.5 pounds per 1000 sqft.
  3. txgrassguy

    txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,083

    First of all, under the TDA guidelines, not the Structural Pest, notification of applications are not mandatory. Record keeping, technician training, insurance coverage, scope of work, site marking, are all different.
    So, unless you carry a Structural Pest Control License instead of the TDA license, under the TDA license all that is required is a written record of applications completed with-in the previous two years by either the license holder or a designated employee whom the license holder affirms was trained - that's it. You do not have to provide a copy of your application record to the customer - it isn't mandated by law.
    If you want to know about Structural Pest categories and license specifics, wait about two months as I will have both licenses with categories.
    I have had my TDA license for six years now, Cat 3A but it has changed a bit since now I spray aquatics, right of ways, pasture and rangeland as well as turf and ornamental.

Share This Page