Lawn Care Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Greensummer, I see from your profile you have been in business for six months. Are you a member of any hort organizations? Do you contribute to the industry or are you a scrub.

If you ahve been involved in the industry here for any length of time you will know the complexeties of the issues and that lawn spraying is on the way out. If chemicals are so safe why are more and more of the makers taking them off the market.

Set yourself apart from the pack, go organic.

Kermit,

My business experience in the Green Industry, quite frankly, is none of your business. But it is significant. Do not "assume" when making your declarations: discuss from a point of view of strength. In other words back your statements with proof! This is something they teach you at University but I'm sure thru perserverance you will reach that level!

As for lawn spraying, its here to stay.........so get used to it.

The manufacturers of today are making products that target the insect itself. A "safer" product as opposed to Dursban, for example.

I hope I have enlightened you, good luck in all your future endeavours. :D

Greensummer, hopefully your horticultural experience is greater than your educational experience. As a new business owner I would have thought that you could use some help on establishing a niche that few others were in. The overcrowded spray industry does not need another Bozo who thinks he has all the answers.

We are all in this forum to learn. You seem to have all the aanswers so lets hear them. You must be netting much more than the rest of us if you don't need to investigate new hort practices. By the way, as a sprayer were you at any of the REQUIRED pesticide symposiums this past spring? How long have you had your spray licence ? Do you practice proper hort procedures or do you just SPRAY? Do you sign contracts in the spring that say you will spray for grubs and chinch bugs before we know if those pests will be a problem? How do you know what pests we will have months down the road? What chemicals do you spray? Do you use the LEAST harmful chemical or the one that generates the highest profit? How responsible are YOU?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.