1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pesticide, herbicide education

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by southernlawn, Aug 8, 2009.

1. southernlawn

southernlawn LawnSite Member

Hello: I am in a family owned business that has always concentrated mostly on lawn maintenance and some installation. I would like to expand our services into the fertilization/pesticide/herbicide area. Can someone suggest where I could learn how to get certified or learn how to properly provide this service(s). I realize I will need to get licensed, but I need to educate myself first. I live in the Atlanta area and wondered if a there is a technical school here or if achieving this online is feasible. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Regards, Southernlawn

2. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

3. southernlawn

southernlawn LawnSite Member

Will the state be able to let me know where I can be educated on weed identification, herbicides to use, fertilization rates, herbicide rate, types of pests, types of lawn diseases?

4. JB1

JB1 LawnSite Fanatic

they can probably tell you about some lawn and turf associations in your state.

5. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member