Pesticide injury.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Marine03112, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am currently going to the VA hospital to get a battery of tests to check my health. I know of some tree and shrub guys who are no longer amongst us that sprayed in the 80s and 90s. This season sprayed merit talstar and mestrione low volume. I started tasting some of the pesticides when I low volumed them. I then Started using a respirator. But I am thinking that the damage is done. I am now getting s0res on the top of my mouth. My face feels like it's super warm and feels like sandpaper to the touch. So if I make it out of this ok this season I will never spray insecticides. Only apply dry. When I spray mestrione I will use a respirator. I am posting this so everyone takes it seriously to use proper PPE. If anyone has experiences or knows of anyone who had problems please post. It is good for us to know.

FromUndaChz, River, oqueoque and 6 others like this.
  2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Speedy recovery sir and thanks for warning others.

oqueoque, DXN1EL, On a call and 3 others like this.
  3. Wes Parker

Wes Parker LawnSite Member

I sure hope everything turns out okay Marine. Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated. Prayers

oqueoque, On a call and hort101 like this.
  4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Same as above, get well soon

On a call and hort101 like this.
  5. Marine03112

Thanks folks. Please don't take for granted using these products.

6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

Get well soon. Keep us posted.

On a call and hort101 like this.
  7. Marine03112

Roger thanks at the VA now. I do take supplements to promote wellness for my liver and kidneys. Doctor told me that by taking milk thistle my liver enymes improved markedly from when I didn't take milk thistle. He also stated by taking GNC multi vitamins with lots of vitamin C my health improved greatly from my last visit. So I am hoping liverite with milk thistle helped me. When I get out today from the VA I will keep you all informed. Btw don't look at the sun today unless you knuckle heads have eclipse glasses. Over and out.

8. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Hope everything checks out well.

9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

My sister-in-law is a Dr at VA, never heard her mention milk thistle. But I never listen to her anyway.
    Who's this Roger guy you speak of? :):usflag:

On a call and Marine03112 like this.
  10. Marine03112

There has been a few study's for people effected with scerosis of the liver and poisoning of the liver where milk thistle has helped with the recovery of the liver. No conclusive study's show that it helps a healthy liver. But it doesn't hurt a healthy liver either. So I decided to hedge my bets and give my liver a boost so to say.