• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Pesticide Insurance in KY ???

dmc456

LawnSite Senior Member
Growing my business this year to include pesticide applications. I'm have a hell of a time finding someone who will insure for mowing and pesticide applications. Once you say pesticide applications they are like, "no can do, call someone else".

work_it

LawnSite Senior Member
I just got mine through Nationwide. $399 for $1 million liability for chem. and mowing. Just call out to the one on Bardstown Rd. (231-8229-talk with Charlee)and tell her you want the same coverage that I (Tim Brown) got. She'll help you out.

ParkerLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I live in Bowling Green, KY and have my insurance with Indiana Ins Company. Don't know where you got you info. Have used them for 4 yrs in KY.

OP
D

dmc456

LawnSite Senior Member
Interesting, I called them this week and was told they won't do Kentucky. Sounds like I'll be calling them back.

Thanks

ParkerLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Tell them I am in Bowling Green, KY and go through Center of Insurance and have their company as my carrier. If you like I can give the number to my agent and let you talk to her and maybe she can find someone in your area.

work_it

LawnSite Senior Member
That's odd. I just got mine at the end of last month for $399/yr. Wonder why they would quote you so high? Are you a solo operator, or do you have employees? The only other factor that I could think of is if you do arborist work.

Even at $500 they're still a lot cheaper than Farm Bureau who quoted me $1125/yr for the same coverage.

Good luck with your search.