pesticide license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clay duncan, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. clay duncan

    clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 445

    i have a N.C. pesticide license (ornamental and turf) and was wondering if this is all i need for round-up, weed and feed, weed-be-gone, and diazinon both residential and commercial. also what is right of way pest control?.... clay
  2. allstar

    allstar LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 282

    Hi Clay,
    I'm taking the same exam in a few weeks.I've been told by numerous people that those two sections are the ones we need in order to be able apply pesticides in the landscaping industry so I'm under the impression that, once you pass the exam, you should be able to use virtually any approved pesticides you might need in your day to day work.I sure hope so anyway.As for the phrase, "right of way pest control", I don't know.
    P.S. How difficult was the exam,Clay?I've just started studying and there's ALOT of material in those 2 books.Thanks.
  3. OP
    clay duncan

    clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 445

    test was not too bad. 100 questions have to score at least 70 to pass. test is multiple choice. good luck!............. clay
  4. Tscape

    Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,370

    Right of way refers to that space that is publicly owned along highways, streets, and roads. It basically incorporates elements of turfgrass and ornamentals into management of those areas.
  5. NCSULandscaper

    NCSULandscaper Banned
    Messages: 1,557

    Yes that is all you need to apply what you said. Test is easy so you should not have any problems.
  6. Rossislawn

    Rossislawn LawnSite Member
    from 22180
    Messages: 18

    Where do you get the book's to study for the exam?Do you need a lisence VA for granular apps?Do you need a lisence for 3 way weed control from Lesco?
  7. NCSULandscaper

    NCSULandscaper Banned
    Messages: 1,557

    You need a license if you apply any product containing a pesticide. You can get your study manuals from your local county extension agency.
  8. J Hisch

    J Hisch LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,049

    Right of way pest control is areas such as parking lots, gravel drives, railroad tracks etc. using round u or other products in those areas would require you to have a right of way cert also.
  9. Kevin M.

    Kevin M. LawnSite Member
    Messages: 137

    Right of Way Pest Control is when you are applying any type of pesticides when a road, railroad bed, under transmission lines, along ditches for water controls and next to power plants which are owned by the government. The right of way pest control has nothing to do with parking lots or gravel driveways but your right you need an ornamental pesticide license here in south carolina to apply in those areas.
  10. Rossislawn

    Rossislawn LawnSite Member
    from 22180
    Messages: 18

    What kind of questions are on the exam? Please give an example.

Share This Page