1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pesticide yard stakes (markers)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassroots lawn, Jan 10, 2006.

1. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can order the plastic pesticide stakes that hold the warnings/business name after you treat? I am located in southeastern PA and need a vendor/source to rely on.

thanks

2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

If that's all you need are the stakes, I go to a local craft store, such as Michaels, and buy them there in bulk. No need to mail order or anything like that.

3. grassroots lawn

grassroots lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks, I never thought of that. I produce my own warning signs and just needed the posts.

jay

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

check out blackburn.com we have ordered flags from them for years. they can custom make them for you with your co. name, phone # and logo. at a resonable cost and it will look much more professional than making your own. there is a guy in my town that makes his own with a marker flag and a sharpie! I personally think it looks tacky! and he's only saving a couple cents per flag. I look at my posting flags as part of my advertising! image is everthing....

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

just checked the website is blackburnflag.com

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Lesco will just sell the plastic stakes

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There is another co. called RND signs, too. They have a decent site. I've dealt with them before, but I have to tell you,...I've heard nothing but good about Blackburn. Several people on here have used them. If you did a search, you would see the praise.

8. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the Blackburn product late last season. I am highly impressed.