I posted several times regarding poor weed spray covereage/control with our PG Ultras, but I figured this "new post" is warranted. What we did: We yanked out the original 1.0 gpm Shurflo pump >> put in a 3.0 gpm Shurflo. We installed the new pump in our "spot bottle" straps on the side of the hopper. We yanked out the PG plastic battery. We installed a 12 - volt "motorcycle" battery just behind the 3.0 Shurflow pump. We used an steel "electrical box" from Menards and added the needed rubber padding. Results: We run in high gear at 10% higher RPM (speed) than what the unit was designed for (yes we tweaked it to run faster). Spray coverage on concrete = "solid wet" -- no dry spots in between. May 5 we tried this unit on lawns that were extremely weedy (including creeping Charlie, oxalis, speedwell, and other hard-to-kill weeds). May 7.........we returned to check them out >>> the weeds are "frying" as I type. WOW! We have not "bucket-checked" the gallons per minute yet, but we're mixing 4 ounces of herbicide per gallon of water in the eight-gallon tank. Our future plans are to buy up used PG units (save money) and "conform" them to our standards. We did not change the plumbing on this unit. It still has the "tee shutoff". We just will never use any lower nozzles.