• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

PG rack w/1 piece ramp

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
We designed our own and had a local guy weld ours.

93 Ride on rack.jpg

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
If you have the PG carrier, a piece of sq. tubing welded between the two ramps at the end will connect the two. That is how the ones we built are done. This is a much lighter design than a whole ramp, as we. It also simplifies loading, as you can step right between the ramps while loading and unloading (or step on the ramps if desired).
Yoiung Bros., That's a nice setup you have. I like the look of the wheels being painted black. I have been considering doing this for awhile, but seeing yours, I think I'll go ahead with it.
Also, for anyone intending on building one of these (or having one built), see how his sides are built up that high? That is the right idea. Ours are the same way. the only difference of ours is - we have an upside down L shaped sq. tube piece that the front wheel rolls under to hold the machine down. It also appears as if you planned ahead and made the length right so when you close the gate, it is snug up against the rear wheels. Nice job!

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks Runner. The black rims get painted every off season. They dont stain. Show a little dust, but we wash the trucks a lot. They look really good. They carrier can not be 48" or longer away from truck. We use a strap to hold it down (just to be safe and keep the blue guys off of us). We plan on adding better lighting than the led strip (hard to see in the day). We used bed liner on bed and ride on carrier.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
Here is a pic of our 99 GMC with the black rims as well.

99GMCdriverside.jpg

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Mine is for sale. It has two tube design--very strong. Built by local welding company. Two ramps, but it works very well. Click my name to see the pictures. includes taillights. Includes ani-hop out bar for security.

OP
N

n-green

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks for the replies. The reason for a single ramp is my aerators have center drums and I would like to carry those as well. Riggle, I would like to see your equipment but can't find your pictures.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks for the replies. The reason for a single ramp is my aerators have center drums and I would like to carry those as well. Riggle, I would like to see your equipment but can't find your pictures.
We put ride on, plugr aerator, spyker spreaders, seeding rakes, ect. on our carriers. That is why we designed our own so we would not have to use a pick up or a trailer.

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
That's a SHARP RIDE bud. All stainless steel/split tanks/cargo space/Hannay's? If so, that's a TRUE PRODUCTION HOG, IMO. :usflag::usflag: How many miles on the truck? Thanks.

p.s. Very nice PAINT!

Here is a pic of our 99 GMC with the black rims as well.

Last edited:

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
That's a SHARP RIDE bud. All stainless steel/split tanks/cargo space/Hannay's? If so, that's a TRUE PRODUCTION HOG, IMO. :usflag::usflag: How many miles on the truck? Thanks.

p.s. Very nice PAINT!
Yeah, thanks for the truck Larry. It's really allowing us to grow. Have a few more pics to upload and I will show them to you. Hope to replace the yellow hoses with orange. I don't think it has 50K on it yet. Production Hog for sure. Our trucks are what the customers see, so has to have a nice paint job and signs. :usflag: