• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

PG trailering

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
I have about 20 hours on the PG machine. Things are going good so far. Although I feel a little unorganized to accustom myself to this machine. Question is, how do you guys transport the machine? I am always tying it dow, putting up the ramp, laoding fert, all this to me is time. I want to be more efficient. Ideas!! Basic open trailer, cargo trailer, van, ect. Pics would be great!

Lbilawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
We use the Perma-Green hitch mounted carrier, load a pallet with the forklift, and have tanks filled with water, we also use old chemical 2.5 gal container for water. We also use an enclosed trailer and a pallet jack to load the fertilizer.

scweedman

LawnSite Senior Member
Im having the same problem i have a trailer. Just hate to pull
it. The pg carrier seems expensive.

DUSTYCEDAR

LawnSite Fanatic
i put mine in a van and a pallet of fert in the side doors workes great also carry a tank with water

DiscoveryLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
That pic of the van w/ the PG mounted on the front is the one I just bought about a month ago. I never mount it on the front though. I mount on the back and put my walk behind spreader on that front mount.
I have been thinking about putting the PG on a trailer because it is so inconvenient to get into the back of the truck if I just need fert. for my walk behind. I have a 200 gal. spray rig taking the entire side door area.

OP
M

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
Thanks for the pics guys. I like the ideas you have implemented. Now since you all own one, do you carry straight water? Have chemical mixed ahead of time? I carry water but I am also to the point that I will run out with - depends upon locations of the day, litle stuff or big, but if I'm in the area, I try to hit everyone, big or small. Then I find myself refilling with garden hose at there house or placeof business.