1. Free Webinar: Why the Growth of Propane Deserves Your Attention
    Date: Thursday, April 25th
    Time: 11:00am EST
    Find out how switching to propane can save your company time and money. Click here to register
    Dismiss Notice

Ph reducer

Discussion in 'Sports Field Maintenance' started by Paliaike, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

Hi everyone,

Does anybody use the pHairway ph controller ?

i hope somebody can gives me some testimonials...

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Link and what do you need it for?

3. OP
    OP
    Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you, i'm using it since 4 years, i really have a good feeling with this system before our water ph was at 9 at this time i was suspecting that fungicide fertilizer (liquid), etc weren't working good since we have the sulphuric acid in the water everything is working better.
    BUT ! sometimes when we put granular grass is not reacting good some peoples around me say "put the acid off" i know that nitrification is quicker with the acid but do you guys think that's the problem ? i'm working on a pure sand mix with ruber and fiber CEC 4

4. Mike Leary

Do you use a "addilizer" or such to monitor the amount? And what sort of meter do you use to measure PH?

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 6.51.45 AM.png

5. OP
    OP
    Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

That's interesting, thank you ! our liquid fertilizers are working very good with the pHairway and also fungicide who are protecting more longer. my problem is only with granular fertilizers sometimes cause a light burn on grass and sometimes not... i just asking if the pHairway mix (Urea + Sulfuric acid) with granular do not create a reaction.
    i don't know what is addilizer mike the pHairway has an integrated probe i'm cheking it every month with ph liquid tester.
    sometimes i'm also cheking water directly on sprinklers with a mobile ph water tester. everything is working good before pHairway ph is 9 and we regulate it at 6.5 sometimes during spring at 5.8

6. Mike Leary

Interesting item, it IS a 'addilizer', in that it meters application, as I understand. Sounds like you're on the right track. This prolly is the wrong forum, though. Perchance there is a forum for large scale turf mamagers?

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 8.08.16 AM.png

7. Mike Leary

Something to consider, depending on location:

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 8.39.02 AM.png

8. OP
    OP
    Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

nice this "addilizer" i'm gonna take a look on it ! you think i should post in "fertilizer" forum ?

9. Mike Leary

Worth a try, like I said, seems like there should be a forum for Golf/Sports Field grounds superintendents. Always welcome here, as well. :franceflag:

hort101 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

ok Mike i just posted in "sports fields maintenance" *trucewhiteflag*

hort101 likes this.