pHairway ph reducer and fertilizers

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Paliaike, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

Hi everyone,

Does anybody use the pHairway ph controller ? i suspect some bad reaction with the sulphuric acid and granular fertilizers when watering it...need your testimonials
    thank you

2. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

3. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

How about telling us more about it, what it is what it's supposed to do etcetera.

americanlawn likes this.
  4. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

If it is being applied correctly, there should be no interactions. Reading the literature attached, it is Urea-Sulfuric for purposes of acidifying water and soil. Only consideration I would have is the Nitrogen contained in the formula. You may need to reduce your g/m of N per year if the irrigation water is being treated on a consistent basis.

6. Jscoop

Jscoop LawnSite Member

I’m familiar with the product, it’s highly used in golf. It’s used in fertigation systems through the irrigation. Used to combat bicarbonates and flush salts.

How are you planning on using it? If you plan on applying through small pump either ride on, or hose I think the acid would be tough on either’s pump. It’s higly diluted when used in golf irrigation, and calibrated using parts per million.

7. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

thank you, it' s 15-0-0 + S pHairway gives an example : 20l of product to treat 1 500 000l of water for a soccer field we use 1000l per year

pH.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

we use it full time since that fertilizers are working better same for fungicides better and more longer. after watering grass is up like rain...but sometimes when using granular grass is starting to burn lightly so i'm actually questing for that by asking in the lawn site i was expecting to find a lot of users because in France i don't know lots of people who have it :usflag:

9. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member

we are not working in a golfcourse but on a soccer field with pure sand and a reduce CEC we have to fertilize every weeks i'm just asking if it's better to reduce the acid treatment when watering after granular positioning because sometimes it's working good and sometimes not...thank you

10. Paliaike

Paliaike LawnSite Member