1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

PHONE CALL or LETTER?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TRINITY, Aug 30, 2001.

1. TRINITY

TRINITY LawnSite Member

To land contracts for commercial accounts what works the best and is the most professional? Calling and asking to speak with the property manager or sending a letter with your intent to bid the property?

Neal

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not pro but I would think a letter first then follow up with a visit.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

call and talk, if you cannot show up in person.

they'll often pitch the letter.

GEO

4. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

both send the letter in then wait a week and follow it up with a phone call ... get a appointment to meet in person..

5. wolfnkirk

wolfnkirk LawnSite Member

Send the letter, then follow up with a call, if you can't close, go see them in person. They will admire your persistence, or think you are a nuisance, either way....you'll have closure! Regardless, remember one thing.......next!

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

unfortnately, after they read your letter and are waiting a week for your call, someone else is there being persistant and a nuissance and is getting the hand shake! been there...yada, yada!:cry:

GEO

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I like to call to get the contact persons name so that I can personalize what I am sending to them.

I DONT mail it to them, I HAND deliver it! This way, I can let them see my face-hopefully. Dress for success when you drop off your letters.

You can follow up with a return call in a few days to discuss their questions or concerns/ set up the appt for the meeting.

Kris

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Then if you eed to follow up with a letter or another visit.

Also, give them plenty of ways to get in touch with you if they have any questions.

Good Luck!