• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Phone Call Today

aperfectlawn

LawnSite Member
The last 2 nights i have put out over 500 flyers. Today I get 2 phone calls?
The first guy asks 3 questions:
1. Do I have a license to work in the city?
2. Do I have a license with the state plant board?
3. Do I have insurance.
The second guy calls 15 minutes later and asks for an estimate for a first of the year mowing. Before I can say anything else he asks if i have a riding mower that bags. I said no, but i do have two push mowers that bag. He says ok thank you and hangs up.

I think the first call was from another lawn care company being rude. Because he knew everything you need to have to have a lawn care business in Arkansas. I think the second call was his buddy just asking what I have.
What do you think these phone calls were about? I am pissed.

ipm

LawnSite Senior Member
You need to ask yourself. "Do I have time to worry about these phone calls?"

Get out more flyers and decrease your odds of BS.

OP
A

aperfectlawn

LawnSite Member
I do have caller-id. The first call was a cell phone. The second call was from a house. My friend works at the cell phone place the number is from. I plan on asking him to give me a name with the number. My wife has a book at her work called a "cris-cross" you can have someones telephone number and it will give you a name and an address.

Flipperneck

LawnSite Member
Put the numbers into google and search. But some people do prefer one kind of mower on their lawn over others. The guy I used to work for we had to used what the customer wanted sometimes over what was efficiant but he charged accordingly.