1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pick up the citrus..or cut it up!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Maitland Man, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

...how 'bout it? Do you fellow Floridians pick up the citrus every week for your "monthly" customers...or leave it?

Dennis

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

run over the stuff....it should juice up and dissapear, works for me over here.

3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

when i lived in polk county, fl. we would walk around and kick them under the tree as far as we could. i didn't like the smell of cut open rotten citrus.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have 2 yards with pear trees and this time of year the ground is covered with them. I turn them into pear sause. Did have one lady ask me to pick them up untill I gave her a price. She had enough to fill at least 4 five gallon buckets. Mowing them up was all of a sudden fine.:D

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I usually run over them. Love the smell of chopped oranges. If homeowner is there I will pick some up but for most part, I let mother nature do it's deed.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I run over them as well, nothing like the fresh citrus scent and cleaning powers lol! Hit a small papaya the other day, now that was interesting, think I will be moving them outta the way next time lol.

7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

chop them into bits. No one even asks, well they never ask again after I quote them $75 per hour for pick up and disposal in their yard waste can.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I ask that question when doing a estimate. Thats one freebee that you dont want to be doing.

9. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

mulch 'em!

10. jgc8fan

jgc8fan LawnSite Member

Run 'em over... Oranges do a great job of cleaning the deck... Which is good as the yard we do with the orange tree has a dog that needs to have it's diet changed. LOL